Houmous is my absolute favourite comfort food and home-made is super easy and so much more yummy than shop bought… AND the bonus is that its brimming with good stuff!!
Here is my go-to recipe….
* 2 x 400g cans of chickpeas drained and rinsed (reserve the liquid)
* 4tsp tahini
* 2 garlic cloves, crushed
* 1tsp crushed sea salt
* 6tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* 1 lemon - juice only
* Paprika (optional)
* Fresh Coriander or parsley (optional)
1. Rinse the chickpeas in cold water and tip into the food processor. Add the tahini, crushed garlic, salt, lemon juice and seven tablespoons of the reserved liquid from the cans. Turn on the food processor and slowly pour in the oil while it runs.
2. When the mixture is fully combined and smooth, taste and adjust seasoning, add more lemon to taste. Ladle the houmous into a serving dish. Drizzle with some more extra virgin olive oil and decorate with a few whole chickpeas. Sprinkle with paprika and finely chopped coriander or parsley leaves, for colour.
Try this recipe and let me know what you think